How to Enter
Review the category list and criteria to decide where your media should compete.
Fill out the International Safety Media Awards competition application. This form is available online by clicking ENTRY FORM.
Make sure you credit the members of your creative team and partners, so that they will be recognized properly in press releases and winner publications.
Submission of entries acknowledges the right of the International Safety Media Awards partners to use media for publication, exhibition and marketing of the International Safety Media Awards and other educational programs. By submitting an entry you accept responsibility for securing all appropriate media releases.
Entries must be received by March 31, 2020 5pm Alaska Standard Time (GMT +09). Your entry may be:
- Submitted online – Click here for the ENTRY FORM and instructions for submitting media, or.
- Mailed or hand delivered to – Center for Safe Alaskans, 4241 B Street, Suite 100, Anchorage, AK, USA 99503
All entries must be received by the deadline. There will be no exceptions. All entries must follow guidelines outlined in this guide. There is no entry fee for this competition.
Non-English Language Submissions
Entries that are created in a language other than English should include a translation in English. Translations should be attached with the entry form. Video entries created in a language other than English should include a translation in the form of English subtitles, spoken English voice-over or a written translation. Translations should be downloaded to the entry form.
- By entering the media awards, the entrant warrants that the entry is original work, created by the entrant, and that the use or reproduction of the entry by the ISMA organizers will not infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property of any third party.
- You may enter in as many different media categories, as you like. However, if multiple pieces are entered in the Campaign category, the individual pieces will be grouped together and judged together as one Campaign entry, not as individual entries.
- Ultra short film entries must be less than three minutes long.
- Media submissions must be received no later than 5:00 PM (Alaska Standard Time, GMT +09) 31 March, 2020.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant(s) give The International Safety Media Awards and partners the right to publish the media in part or in whole in any medium.
- Copyright of the entry will remain with the entrant.
- If the media submitted was evaluated, please include a description of the evaluation, including the methodology used and outcomes observed, in the appropriate space on the entry form. The evaluation can also be uploaded as a separate document. Because one of the goals of the ISMAs is to advance the science behind using media as a prevention and promotion tool, impacts shown through rigorous evaluations is a component of scoring matrix.
- Entries must follow the format guidelines listed below:
Print entries may include (but are not limited to) a magazine or newspaper advertisement, poster, brochure, photography, painting, etc. Print entries can be submitted as a PDF document, uploaded within the entry form. If an online submission is not possible, a hard copy of the entry or an electronic version in a .pdf or .jpg format on a flash drive may be mailed to the Center Safe Alaskans. Please understand that these may not be returned. Include a copy of the entry form with the entry.
Videos include (but are not limited to) TV commercials, music videos, public service announcements, edutainment clips, etc. It is best if videos are submitted via a link to YouTube or other website. If your video is too large to upload to YouTube, please mail it on a flash drive, along with a copy of your entry form .
- Short videos are 3 – 30 minutes
- Ultra-short videos are less than 3 minutes.
Includes but is not limited to: website, Social Media platforms (eg, Facebook, Twitter, SMS text, Instagram, etc.), web banners, video games, blogs, etc. To enter this category, please provide the title, and a link to the media entry within the entry form.
Includes a compilation of media messages that are designed to support a comprehensive safety campaign. Entries can be submitted either in the individual categories listed above (web/online, video and print) or grouped together as one campaign entry. To enter the campaign category, please provide the name for your campaign as well as a list of all of the individual media components featured in the campaign. For example, if you have a “No Texting and Driving” campaign that includes a Facebook page, a website, poster and a TV PSA, you may provide links to the Facebook page and website, a YouTube link to the TV PSA, and include a pdf of the poster uploaded with the entry form. If there are a large number of Campaign entries, the category may be divided into sub-categories to allow an opportunity to honor more entries.
Judging will be conducted in accordance with the guidelines outlined in this document by International Safety Media Awards judges. Decisions of judges, including eligibility, qualifications and appropriate category placement, are final.
- Production Quality (It does not have to be “big city” ad agency polished. Production quality should be intentional to enhance the intention of the message.)
- Message Clarity and Persuasive Strength for Intended Audience
- Innovation and Creativity
- Evaluation Methods, Outcomes, and Theoretical Foundation